Gamelan Music Classes return to the West Side!
We welcome you to Nusantara Arts new studio!
Now accepting new students!
Nusantara Arts Javanese Gamelan Music Classes are now resuming! It’s been a long time coming. Gamelan classes are fun, inclusive, and friendly to both experienced musicians and beginners. Our group “latihan” practices combine participants of all skill levels, ages, and experience.
Days & Times:
Sunday at 6:30 pm – We suggest first time players join a Sunday class first.
Wednesday at 7:00 pm
Classes are ongoing, and we are always welcoming new participants.
Our new practice studio is in the former church at 331 Normal Ave. (at Rhode Island) It’s a nice big comfortable space with lots of windows, fresh air, and light. Accessible by bus, bike, walking, and with ample on street parking.
$10 per class or $40 per month. Students are encouraged to pre-pay several months if able. Checks can be made out to Nusantara Arts Inc. Cash is also acceptable, as is bank transfer, and PayPal.
If you have a financial issue, let [email protected] know. Class scholarships and discounts are available.
Covid Class Protocols:
We are going to make our rehearsals as comfortable, fun, and safe as possible for everyone. The guidelines of our practices may change over the coming weeks and months but for now these are our current protocols:
1. All participants must be fully vaccinated and must show vaccination status with the NYS Excelsior smart phone app or printout https://epass.ny.gov/home (fully vaccinated means two weeks after your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or two weeks after single shot of JJ)
2. Masks are optional. Please wear your mask until we verify your vaccination status.
3. All participants must fill out class registration and contact tracing information.
4. Snacks and drinks are byob
5. Sanitizer and PPE will be provided by Nusantara Arts as needed.
6. Participants must follow sanitary guidelines.
For more detailed information see our full Reopening plan: Click Here
Feel free to Email us with any questions or concerns about gamelan class!